This page will be updated with information for parents and students. Please check back regularly, as well as your child’s class page.
Please see the following guidance: Closure of educational settings: information for parents and carers
The document above is regularly updated for parents and carers.
Where can I go to help explain COVID-19 to children and support children with SEND?
- South Tyneside’s Local Offer
- ICT in Schools – SEND Updates
- Parent’s Toolkit: SEND
- Primary Mental Health Pack
- Secondary Mental Health Pack
- Advice for Parents Pack
- CCO – A children’s guide to Coronavirus
- Coronavirus – A book for children
- Adult Mental Health Pack
Where can I go to get support to help keep my child safe online?
There is a lot of support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and careers from the NSPCC)
Information can also be found on the E-Safety page on our website.
Active Learn – Maths, Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
Spelling Shed – Weekly Spellings
SPaG.com – Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
Accelerated Reader – Reading
Times Table Rock Stars – Times Tables
Numbots – Number games (login is the same as Times Table Rock Stars)
My Maths – Mathematics
Espresso – Cross curricular videos and activities. (Username: student25022 Password: espresso)
real PE – At home programme which supports families to be active, play and learn together.
Other Useful Websites
These website are currently offering free resources.
Twinkl – This website has a huge selection of cross curricular resources. Enter the offer code: CVDTWINKLHELPS to get free access.
White Rose – This website is currently providing a daily video and work in maths.
Number Fun – Maths videos, songs, activities and games.
Jump Start Jonny – Jump Start Jonny is helping families stay fit and healthy with his FREE workout videos! There are also mindfulness activities that help children stay calm and downloadable resources that keep children well occupied!
Super Movers – Fun curriculum linked resources to get children moving while they learn.
GoNoodle – GoNoodle gets children up and moving to fun, engaging content and games.
Phonics Tracker – Click on the Games Tab at the top of the page to access free phonics games.